Previous Event - Wood Fire Workshop with Kiln Opening Show & Sale
Wood Fire Workshop with Kiln Opening Show & Sale -- September 26 - October 6, 2019
The BIG POT guys from Omaha are coming back! They are going to help us load and fire the three gigantic pots that Dan made at the Big Pot Workshop last May -- plus a lot of other pieces.
All potters and students are invited to participate in this Wood Fire Workshop. The registration fee is only $20. This is 'come-and-go-as-you-please' -- spend as much, or as little time as you like helping with the firing. (you will need to be present for unstacking on Saturday October 5 and to show and sell your work on Sunday October 6) Food and drink during the workshop are 'BYO pot luck'.
We will stack and fire both of our big wood kilns. Registered participants can bring pots to fire and sell at the Kiln Opening Show & Sale on Sunday October 6.
Arthur stacking the Downdraft Wood Kiln
Groundhog Kiln stacking in progress
BILL OF PARTICULARS --
- Registered Participants ($20 registration fee)
- Participate to fit your schedule
- Bring pots to fire (cone 6 to 9 - for salt or regular glaze firing)
- $3 per pound firing charge (no guarantees)
- Sell your ware at the Kiln Opening Show & Sale on Sunday October 6 (you can bring other pots to sell even if they were not fired at the Workshop -- 25% commission on sales)
- Thursday September 12 -- Registration fee paid to have your name included on the Kiln Opening Show & Sale invitation.
- Thursday September 12 -- Provide your email list of people you want to invite to the Kiln Opening Show & Sale
- Thursday September 26 -- Deliver your pots to be fired
- Other Dates
- September 26 - 29 -- Kiln prep and stacking
- September 29 - October 1 -- Firing
- October 2 - 4 -- Cooling and clean up
- Saturday October 5 -- Unstack
- Sunday October 6 -- Kiln Opening Show & Sale
Workshop Kiln Opening Show & Sale
Sunday October 6, 2019
Shadrach and Meshach say "Come see these big boys emerge from the fiery furnace!"
Kiln Opening Show & Sale
Big Pot Woodfire Workshop
Sunday October 6, 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Featuring work by sixteen potters. A good opportunity for some holiday shopping before the snow flies!
Tim Barry – Hot Shops
David Bunch – Stegoramics
Sue Collentine – Smokestack Pottery
Sandy Edwards-Zickrick – Judson Pottery
Brandy Hodgson – Chinook Pottery
Arthur Judson – Chinook Pottery
Carl Judson – Judson Pottery
Sarah Judson – Judson Pottery
Dan Toberer – Hot Shops
4:00am after 3 nights of wood stoking
Dan Toberer, Arthur Judson, David Bunch, Madeline Healey, TBD (front row)